Real Insurance Reports
The following was published by an insurance company for internal distribution. These reports were submitted when policy-holders were asked for a brief statement describing their particular accident.
- The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention.
- I thought my window was down but found it was up when I put my hand through it.
- A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.
- The guy was all over the place. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.
- I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over the embankment.
- The accident occurred when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle.
- I was driving my car out of the driveway in the usual manner, when it was struck by the other car in the same place it had been struck several times
- I was on my way to the doctor's with rear-end trouble when my universal
joint gave way, causing me to have an accident.
- As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident.
- The telephone pole was approaching fast. I was attempting to swerve out of its path when it struck my front end.
- To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian.
- My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle.
- An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my vehicle and vanished.
- When I saw I could not avoid a collision, I stepped on the gas and crashed into the other car.
- The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran him over.
- I saw the slow-moving, sad-faced old gentleman as he bounced off the hood of my car.
- Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have.
- The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.